- The large size Medicine Buddha – a transformation of Buddha Shakyamuni – is the embodiment of all the Buddhas’ healing qualities, associated with healing both physical and mental sufferings.
- His deep blue body color is that of lapis lazuli. This precious gemstone was traditionally used to symbolize something that is rare or pure. This blue light can have a positive and healing effect when used in Tibetan Buddhist visualization practices.
- In his right hand, he holds a myrobalan branch, an important compound of several Tibetan medicines.
- In his left hand, a bowl containing three forms of nectar to cure disease counteracts aging and illuminates the mind.
- Meditating in front of the Medicine Buddha Thangka/Thanka, not only helps to alleviate physical and mental stress, increases healing powers both for oneself and others but also to overcome spiritual sickness, attachment, hatred, and ignorance.
Height: 62 cm
Width: 46 cm