- Shakyamuni Buddha Thangka Painting is a 100% hand-painted painting painted on a cotton canvas using natural stone colors.
- This meticulous hand-painted thangka/thanka depicts Shakyamuni Buddha sitting on a lotus platform upon a Singhashan (Lion Throne).
- Shakyamuni Buddha, born Siddhartha Gautama, was the founder of Buddhism.
- At the age of 29, Siddhartha renounced the luxury of his royal heritage to take up the life of a religious wanderer. After gaining profound insight into the true nature of reality, he attained complete enlightenment at the age of 35.
- In this thangka/thanka, the Buddha is depicted in the “earth-touching mudra” which recalls the moment of his enlightenment, when he touched the earth to witness his profound realization.
Dimensions: 54cm x 39cm.