- This double base, partly gold-plated 14″ Manjushri Buddha Statue is made from copper and reused turquoise.
- Manjushri Buddha embodies the omniscient wisdom of enlightenment – the wisdom that discerns the true nature of reality.
- He bestows intelligence, knowledge, wisdom, mastery of the teachings, eloquence, and memory. His name means “gentle glory” and he is especially revered in Nepal, where he is said to have enabled the founding of civilization in the Kathmandu Valley.
- Manjushri’s left hand is in Vitaraka Mudra, the gesture of teaching and intellectual discussion. This hand also holds the stem of a lotus flower that supports the Prajnaparamita, or Perfection of Wisdom Sutra.
- The flaming sword in his right hand symbolizes the power of discriminating wisdom to cut through ignorance, the root of all suffering. Manjushri Buddha, in this sword-wielding pose, is representative of the courage and exertion needed to realize freedom.
Weight: 3.6kg (Approx.)